header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chicken Black Bean Burritos

Like most families these days we so busy. My boys play football 7-8 months out of the year which means during that time we do not get home until 7:30-8pm at night. I rely on my crockpot a lot because starting dinner at 7:30pm is just not an option. One of our go-to meals is a really simple chicken burrito dish. What I love about this is you just dump everything in the crockpot and leave it alone until it is time to eat.

Chicken Black Bean Burritos
-4-6 Chicken breasts (I use frozen and just throw them in the crockpot frozen)
-1 can of black beans (You can use any can of beans you have on hand)
-1 can of Rotal tomatoes*
-1 half packet of Taco Seasoning (I prefer Trader Joe's brand because it has a kick)

*You can also use about half a jar of your favorite salsa in place of Rotel. I use whatever I have on hand at the time.

Throw everything in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork before serving. We make burritos out of it but you could also make it into tacos. I serve with homemade Spanish rice and salad. This is incredibly easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...