header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Welcome to my crazy life

If you told me a year ago that I would soon be sitting here nursing my 5th baby, I would not have believed you. A year ago, my life was very different than it is today.

You see, a year ago I was a mom of 4 children, working full time outside the home and just sort of enjoying the next chapter of my life. I was lucky to be a stay at home mom with my kids until they started school. I went to work full time after finishing my degree and when my 4th child started kindergarten. Furthermore, I had the Essure procedure done after the birth of my 4th child. It was a thoughtful decision that I came to 5 years after the birth of my 4th child.

In November 2011 I started feeling very ill. Nothing tasted good or sat well with me. Every morning I rolled into work and popped some Alka Seltzer. I even started giving up coffee. That alone should have been a sign...I would rather drink coffee than eat on most days. I just felt like crap in general. My husband said to me, "If I did not know any better, I would think you were pregnant." We both laughed that off, Essure is permanent birth control. But I decided to go to the doctor. I realized that I could not remember my last period. I decided to take a pregnancy test because every woman knows that the is the first thing a doctor will ask, "When was your last period?" and I knew they would test me, Essure or not. On November 22, 2011 I stopped by Walgreens on my way home from work to rule out pregnancy. The test was positive within seconds of taking it. Shock does not even begin to cover it. The next day I visited my OBGYN and he confirmed, baby #5 was indeed healthy and on his way.

So here I sit sipping my coffee and nursing my 3 month old baby. Life is very different today. I am at home with the kids at the moment. I love being home with them but it is a huge struggle financially. But my baby is the best gift I never knew I wanted. He completes me, he completes my family.

This blog is the story my new journey. Mom to five, wife to one, friend to many, coffee swiller...chaos in a skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...