header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Selecting Focus Points

You can read about photography all you want. You can join every web forum and order every top rated book. But some ideas just do not click until you experiment with them yourself. Photography really comes down to practice and experimentation.

For me, selecting focus points was one of these things. Apparently, selecting your own focus points can help achieve nice tack sharp images. I read about it and learned how to do it on my own camera but had yet to execute it until tonight. I set up a little "photo shoot" with the baby's toys and started shooting.


The lightbulb went on! Ah- ha, I get it, it makes sense. It clicked in my brain (I said "clicked", get it? Camera, clicked? See how I did that? Ha ha ha!). Anyway, I am really loving this photography thing. It is so fun and there is so much to learn.

If you are interested too, here is a much better blog post and another good article here about selecting focus points.

I considered using this post as my Project 52 this week but I have a speedlite being delivered any day now so I am hoping to get that in time for this week. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...