header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Monday, May 27, 2013

Just another day in paradise...

Today my biggest baby turned 14...! How did that happen? I told her she could have anything she wanted for dinner, anything at all. She chose slow cooker chicken and dumplings. I was surprised. But I never make it because her and I are the only ones that like it. lol My kids generally dislike anything that involves cream soups (and anything that involves breading but that is another story). It is so easy to make. I just threw some frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and cooked on low until I could shred them (about 4 hours).
Then I added cream of chicken soup and diced carrots, celery and onions. Now you can do this yourself or just buy Mirapoix or the Trader Joe's blend like I do (I am a cheater).

Then I cook a couple more hours.
When there is about 30 minutes left I mix up some Bisquick and drop it over the top.

Cook for another 30 minutes or so and enjoy!
I have also made the recipe where I threw in the frozen chicken, veggies, and soup all at once and let is cook on low all day. When I got home I made the Bisquick and added it for 30 minutes and that works fine too. I just happen to be home today to make it in shifts.

The boys enjoyed burgers instead. And in my house no celebration is complete with out my pretty pink dishes (for all) and Corona (for the adults). ;)

And then we all enjoyed some tastey birthday cupcakes in honor of the pretty birthday girl.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Rebekah! 14! WOW!
    Love, love, love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know...14 years old, how in the world did I let that happen?! Eek!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...