header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Monday, February 24, 2014

I look like a circus clown

This really happened to me.

Situation #1
On Friday after work I went to Walgreens to buy...wait for it...nail polish. I treat myself every pay (like $10-15 bucks, nothing crazy). Anyway, I am standing there lusting after all the Essie polishes. There is a older woman and her grown son picking out polish for her. The son is going on and on about all the crazy polish. "Do people really wear all these crazy, horrible colors?" Meanwhile, I am standing there with mint green nails, with a black and white chevron accent. The woman says to me, "It is so hard to pick, so many to choose from. Can you believe people wear some of this crazy stuff?" Then she sees my nails and says, "Oh, I guess they do! Do you do that your self or do you pay for that?!" Thankfully I do not pay for it, I paint those crazy colors on myself.

Situation #2
I am not a make-up snob. I love it all equally. I have some more expensive favorites and some drugstore faves as well. One of my favorite drugstore eyeshadows is Wet-n-Wild. For the price, the pigment is pretty good (although, not as good as it used to be but I digress). I was in Walgreens (again) and came across a new limited edition palette and for $4.99 I could not pass it up. It is a mainly neutral palette but kind of glittery. I go to pay and the cashier tells me it is new collection that she just put out. Then she says, "These colors are pretty, they will be good for Halloween or something like that."

So there you have it. Apparently, my choice in make-up products is similar to that of Mimi from The Drew Carey Show.

1 comment:

  1. Lolol! Thanks for the laugh this morning. And I always love your nails!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...