header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

DIY-Christmas Ornaments

When I was a child my mother started a collection of ornaments for my siblings and I so that when we left home we would have our own complete collection. Over the years the collection has grown and every Christmas I look forward to decorating our Christmas tree. I love pulling out the boxes of ornaments and each one has a special memory.

For that reason, I love to give ornaments as gifts. I like to give them to friends when they have a new baby. I like to give them to teachers as gifts each year. We give them to special family friends along with some yummy baked goods every year as well.

I am always on the look out for a new ornament to make and give as a gift. I have made many ove the years but this one is my tried and true favorite.


You will need:
Clear glass ornaments (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby)
Scrapbook paper (double sided works best)
ribbon

You can add other items of you desire such as feathers and flowers. I have also printed song lyrics or sayings onto vellum paper and put them into the ornament as well.I always get so many compliments and people always want to know how to make them. They are so simply and inexpensive.

2 comments:

  1. I commented earlier from my phone, but I don't think it posted, so I will try posting again.
    I got all the things for the ornaments today at Target. They had clear glass ornaments and even double sided scrapbook paper (on awesome sale)! I hope mine will turn out as beautiful as yours :)
    My friend and I host a weekly playgroup and circle time for 10 kids and we always do a craft. We'll do this craft on Monday. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...