header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Monday, July 15, 2013

Big changes going on in our household


I quit my second job. I know it was only one day a week but it was becoming too much. My mental health was more important and when I feel ready I will write about that too. Anyway, that chapter is closed for now. My "big girl" job is mentally draining. I love it, don't get me wrong. But it is a difficult job. Plus, I am a mom and that is a full time job too. And I know that having five children is not really considered a large family in the large family world but for me, it is a large family. I love my kids and would not change a thing...heck I would even add one more if I could. But managing five children is a challenge for me. Working 6 days a week was too difficult for me. I had to move on.

And the biggest change is that Conor starts a new daycare tomorrow. This was something we always planned on. My 8 year old (my Bear) attended this preschool/daycare from age 3-5 and we loved it. Sadly, they stopped taking babies a couple years ago so we were not able to start Conor there when we needed daycare. We found a back up solution knowing we would switch him around age one. We got to bypass the waiting list and get him as soon as his first birthday rolled around. I am thrilled, it is an outstanding Montessori daycare/school and we had the best experience with our Bear. BUT...I am feeling so guilty about changing up his routine. I feel terrible about putting him through this transition even though I know it will be fine. Even though I knew this was the plan all along, I can't help but feel worried about the whole situation. I just hope he adjusts easily and quickly.

Wish us luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...