header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dirty Laundry

People always ask me what I think is the hardest thing about having a large family. When they were little I would say, "Buckling them all into their carseats." But these days I only have one in a carseat. The hardest thing for me is laundry.

Laundry itself it not hard. Folding laundry is not hard. Putting it aways is not hard. But keeping up with it is hard, at least for me. In theory, I think the key is doing at least a load or two a day. Right now, I am home 24/7 so that is feasible. But when I am working it is just so hard to do that. By the the time I get home from work, chauffeur kids to activities, come home, make dinner, help with homework, and on and on...laundry is just not high on my priority list, well not if I want to sleep at all. Therefore I end up doing it all on Sundays (a good 10-12 loads of laundry). The kids do help, they put away their own laundry. But it still takes most of the day.

I feel like there must be an easier way. I will be working again soon and I need a better system. Oh and the ironing...I hate ironing. Hate it. When I starting working full time again, the FIRST thing I will do is haul a load off the dry cleaners. I know it is a bit of a luxury, but it is so worth it.

How do you handle laundry in your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...