header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Running, running, running

Today I was determined to get in a good workout. I got up and got my children to school and got the baby ready only to find out I had a flat on my stroller. No big deal, just get out the bike pump, right? Wrong. I could not get it to fill up. I was not sure if it was the pump or if my tire needed to be repaired. At my husband's urging the baby and I headed over to a bike shop to find out it indeed had a hole. We paid extra for the special Thorn Resistant inner tube. By the time we got home I was all annoyed and ready to call it a day. But I pushed my lazy, over weight butt out the door anyway. My adorable running buddy and I jogged/walked a total of 3 miles. I even brought my camera and we took a few photos.

My adorable running buddy started to meltdown around mile 2 so I ran most of mile 3 trying to get home to soothe my little guy. It was the push I needed.

Plus it was down hill so that it always nice.

I am glad I went. I always feel so good after a run...even though I am really really really slow. I am ready to go again tomorrow. But I just notice another flat. Oh, the joys of living in the desert surrounded by goat-heads.

And just for fun, a picture of the beautiful Sandias that I am so very lucky to live by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...