header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Monday, January 28, 2013

Freezer Stash

I am trying to build up my freezer stash again. March will be here before we know it and I will be running the kids to track and football 4 and 5 days a week. When the kids are in sports and activities we eat late...at like 8pm. Eek.

I rely on the crockpot quite a bit. I also like to keep some quick meals in the freezer for those nights when the crockpot does not work out (read: on the days I forget to put something in the crockpot). I like to build up a freezer stash of burritos. I like to keep a mix of bean and cheese, chicken (of some sort), and breakfast burritos. Last night I made a bunch of breakfast burritos to freeze. I keep it pretty simple and they are so easy and so yummy. They freeze really well.

Breakfast Burritos
-tortillas
-eggs
-cheese
-potatoes
-green chile*
*Here in the Southwest we eat green chile on EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING. But, I make a few without green chile. My 12 year old is the only one who does not care for spicy food so I make a few plain burritos for him.

And for the nights I forget the crockpot and there is nothing in the freezer...I take the kids to McDonald's and we eat $1 McDoubles. It happens about once a week. No one will be giving me a Mother of the Year award anytime soon anyway. I am ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...