header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sweet Dreams

One night in late October 2011 I dreamt that I was pregnant. It was one of the most vivid dreams I have ever experienced. You know, one of those dreams that just feels so very real?

In my dream, I could feel the baby inside of me and when the dream baby was born I could feel the baby's soft feathery hair, soft skin and smell the baby's sweet baby scent. When I woke up it took me a minute to realize I was only dreaming. I felt sad because I was thinking about how I would never again experience that. I had Essure, my tubes were blocked. Our family was complete. Our baby days were long gone.

I reflected on that dream all day as I sat at work. I felt really bittersweet about it all. I was happy to be in a new place in my life and happy to have different experiences to enjoy. The kids were older and fun in a "big kid" way. They are independent, funny and just fun little people all around. But it is hard not to be wistful for those baby days at times. That was a precious time. Babies don't keep.

About a week after that dream I started getting really sick. Long story short, I was pregnant at the time I had that dream. My body knew, *I* just did not know yet.

I am not going to lie. Finding out I was pregnant was stressful. First of all, there was a concern about Ectopic pregnancy. Luckily, that was not the case. I went on to have a healthy pregnancy and a very healthy baby boy.

And that dream is now my reality and I am so very happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...