header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Friday, January 25, 2013

How ruin your self esteem


They say that you should do what you love and the money will follow. If it were only that easy. I love crafting and drinking coffee. I am pretty sure no one is going to pay me to make crafts while drinking coffee and being snarky.

So instead of doing what I love (crafting, coffee, and snark), I am applying for jobs. Talk about a hit to the old self esteem. I apply for job after job and have heard nothing. Wait, that is not entirely true. I did hear back from a couple...to tell me that I suck and they are not going to even interview me. Ok, well it was not exactly worded like that but that is how it feels when you read those rejection letters. One employer sent me the same rejection letter for the same position, twice. OK, I get it.

Everyone asks me what kind of job I am looking for. I usually reply with, "One that pays at least $XX amount." People then laugh, they think I am being funny. I am, kind of. I do not want a ton of money but I need to at least cover daycare and still bring in a little something something.

My background is in social services. It is a field I enjoy but one that pays poorly. I would like to get my Masters in Social Work sometime soon but you need $$ to go to school. I am also a few credit hours shy or applying to the College Of Nursing at the nearby University. But again, there is that whole money thing.

They say that money will not buy you happiness. I am here to tell you that, money would indeed buy me happiness these days.

*sigh*

AND to add insult to injury my daughter came home with her high school registration packet today. *sob*

(The above image was found HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...