header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Taking down Christmas

I barely got around to taking down my Christmas tree and decorations today. I know, I know. I always procrastinate because I just love my Christmas tree, it makes my heart so very happy. I love each and ever ornament that adorns my tree (even the Batman and Star Wars ornaments that seem to dominate the tree). Plus it is a little tricky trying to get things done with a sweet baby that is still nursing every 2 hours. But I managed to get all the tree decorations off and tomorrow I will get all the rest of the odds and ends and pack them away until next year. Bittersweet.

My Christmas decorations make me so very happy so it is hard to put them away. When I was a little girl my sister and I used to fall asleep listening to cassette tapes (yes, I am dating myself). One of our favorites was a Sesame Street tape that included the song "Keep Christmas With You All Through The Year." Like the nerd that I am, that song runs through my head constantly as I pack away all those decorations.


*sigh* Goodbye Christmas 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...