header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Confessions of a bad mom


I am a bad mom...I am feeding the baby store bought jarred baby food. I fed my older 4 children store bought baby food as well. Occasionally, I would puree something we were eating and I plan to do so again. He just started a few weeks ago (I am a stickler about waiting until 6 months to start solids). We never really use baby food all that long because once they get used to "solids" (are purees really solid, not really I guess?) I just start giving them what we eat. I just do not put a lot of pressure on eating solids. I make sure breastmilk is their primary nutrition the first year and that is my emphasis. My goal is to keep them nursing at least a year and do not worry much about anything else. I do not stress a lot about making sure they "eat" three times a day. Today he ate solids twice, yesterday he had them once. Maybe I should have just started Baby Led Weaning because I seem to do a hybrid of it as it is. I don't know. Here I am, five kids in and I am still unsure of this parenting gig.

Anyway, everyone else seems to be making their own baby food and I feel like sort of a slacker. For what it is worth though, he is thriving and super adorable despite eating Gerber baby food.
At the end of the day I am sure there are tons of other things I *should* be doing (cloth diapering, buying only organic, the list goes on and on) but at the end of the day my kids are healthy, clean, fed and happy. That is all a momma could want.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...