header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Friday, January 11, 2013

Project 52-Week 2

Project 52- Week 2

When I met my husband he drove a jeep. Not just any jeep, a 1986 CJ-7. He loved that jeep. Turns out all jeep enthusiasts love CJ-7's. We would go out to eat or shopping and once we returned to the parking lot we would find notes on the windshield asking us to please call if we decide to sell.

That jeep was my husband's baby. He swore that he would name his first son CJ. I laughed. How silly, who names a child after a car? I mean, really. As our family grew to three we knew we needed a family car. And as much as he loved his jeep it needed constant maintenance. Maintenance we really could not afford. Eventually we sold it after the birth of our first child. He still loves that jeep and hopes to buy another jeep at some point.

This hard shell is all that we have left of that jeep. It sits in the yard of my in-law's home. I took this picture on Christmas day.


By the way, did I mention our firstborn son is named CJ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...