header

 photo 1500820_10202505181652207_909331460_o_zps2273132a.jpg

Monday, January 21, 2013

Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats- Pinterest Success!

I love Pinterest so much. It feeds my crafty soul. Some of the ideas I have tried to recreate from Pinterest have been a giant fail. Others have been quite successful. But every time I successfully make a craft or recipe that I found on Pinterest I feel so triumphant. Today was one of those days. I made Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats. For once I already had everything on hand.

Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats

-1 c. sugar
-1 c. corn syrup
-1 c. creamy peanut butter
-1 t. vanilla
-5 c. Cheerios

In a large sauce pan, combine sugar and corn syrup and bring to boil over medium heat. Allow mixture to boil for one minute and remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla to mixture and mix until smooth. Add Cheerios and mix until all coated. Drop mixture by spoonful onto waxed paper and allow to cool. Makes approximately 2 dozen.

These were super easy, super yummy and have zero nutritional value (ok, that is not entirely true. The peanut butter has protein. Ha ha). They were a huge hit, my kids loved them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...